Finally finding some time to share my last two projects from this round of KCW, a couple pairs of shorts for Daxton. They have been finished for a few nights but I still had to grab some pictures of the final pair and we ran outside quickly after dinner tonight to snap a few.
To make these shorts I used Dana’s new shorts pattern and made the flat front version with the addition of the pockets. Both versions are made using some bottom weight fabric I bought from Joanns on my last trip across the border. Dax was in desperate need of some neutral shorts that would go with anything so we went with some khaki and gray.
The shorts came together really quickly and the fit is pretty good. I made size 18 months for my little man and the waist is a little bit loose but the length is perfect. The pockets are completely unnecessary since Dax has not discovered pockets and their storage possibilities yet, but they add a nice little detail.
There is not a lot to say about these shorts besides how much I love them, so I will just add some actions shots of my little man since anything else is next to impossible to capture!